Assistant Director of Admissions
Reporting to the Executive Director of Admission, the Assistant Director leads, plans, and implements admissions procedures, operations, correspondence and contact with prospective students, applicants, and matriculating students. Among the primary duties is outreach and engagement with potential students, manages a large recruitment territory and plans targeted locations and contacts, creates presentations, evaluates candidates for admission and independently makes decisions on recommendations for admission. Must be knowledgeable about financial aid to evaluate and counsel in personal interviews. Assist in the in the coordination of the New York State Higher Education Opportunity Program admissions review by working with the HEOP and Financial Aid Offices. Assist in the coordination of multi-cultural student recruitment strategies through work with CBOs, high school guidance counselors and fellow admissions counselors. Assist in the management of select sections of the student ambassador program. Coordinate special programs and/or scholarships as assigned by the Executive Director/Dean of Admission.
- Manage primary, secondary and tertiary markets to build relationships with high schools to increase the visibility of St. Lawrence to increase inquires, applications to meet institutional enrollment goals.
- Conduct student interviews and write-ups and follow-up communication.
- Execute recruitment travel plan.
- Read and analyze applications and essays to make recommendations on the admissibility of a student’s application for admission.
- Represent the department and University at special events, college fairs and programs both on and off campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with the multi-cultural student recruitment across all domestic territories.
- Experience in student recruitment, territory management, interviewing prospective students and application review required.
- A bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to travel during segments of the recruiting cycle and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills along with the ability to represent and present St. Lawrence to large groups of prospective students and families.
- Evening and weekend work required during recruitment and decision season, and other times as needed.
- A minimum commitment of two years is expected.
- Must be able to make independent decisions using sound judgement.
- Previous experience managing volunteer staff preferred.
- Professional experience in multi-cultural recruitment is preferred.
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position may be directed to Jeremy Freeman, Executive Director of Admissions. (email@example.com).
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Located at 23 Romoda Drive, Canton, NY, St. Lawrence University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For additional information about St. Lawrence, please visit http://www.stlawu.edu.
Location/Region: Canton, NY (13617)