Trauma Medical Director
SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital—Madison, WI
SSM Health Dean Medical Group, a 500+ physician multi-specialty group, is actively recruiting for a Trauma Medical Director. The physician will be responsible for continuing our successful transition from a Level III Trauma program to an ACS Level II Trauma Center. Duties will include:
- Once verified, will maintain the hospital as an ACS verified Trauma II Center, growing and solidifying the network of referring facilities, supporting the hospital’s strategic goals and objectives, ensuring continuing compliance with the American College of Surgeons and other regulatory body survey requirements, continue integrating the Trauma program with Acute Care Surgery and the ICU programs, and actively participating in process improvement and medical education efforts.
- The Trauma Medical Director will be directly responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring, recruiting for, and improvement of clinical processes and systems related to the Trauma program. This position also requires the performance of clinical duties as a Surgeon, including Trauma Surgery and Trauma call.
- Position will be 50% administrative and 50% clinical.
- SSM Health Dean Medical Group will offer a competitive financial and fringe benefits package.
- SSM St. Mary's Hospital, a 440-bed tertiary care and referral center, is an award-winning facility and has been serving South Central Wisconsin since 1912.
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital was named among the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® for 2018 by IBM Watson HealthTM. which spotlights the best-performing hospitals in the U.S. based on clinical, operational and patient satisfaction metrics and data.
- 12-bed MICU and a 15-bed SICU, with plans to build an additional ICU in late 2019.
- St. Mary's and Dean Medical Group are part of SSM Health, an integrated health system that has facilities in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, and Oklahoma with over 20 hospitals.
- Madison, population 252,000, consistently ranks as one of the top places in the country to live, work, go to school, play, and raise a family.
- The Overture Center http://www.overture.org/ in downtown Madison is a beautiful facility that offers a wide variety of entertainment, including the Madison Symphony, Madison Opera, and visiting performances.
- Home to the State Capitol and University of Wisconsin, Madison offers residents a diverse community as well as a stimulating civic and educational environment. The Madison area offers excellent public and private schools. Children have numerous educational options outside of school, including the Aldo Leopold Nature Center, Saturday Science at Discovery, and the Madison Children’s Museum.
Location/Region: Madison, WI (53715)