Veterinary Referral and Critical Care in Manakin-Sabot, VA is seeking licensed technicians to fill roles in Surgery and Internal Medicine.
- Schedule for Surgery is four 10 hour shifts a week and paid on-call every 4th weekend (Friday-Sunday) and one night a week.
- The Internal Medicine schedule will include four 8am-6pm shifts a week and no weekends.
You will thrive in this position if you...
- Love learning new things
- Enjoy helping people as well as their pets
- Have a focus on educating clients so that they can make the best decisions for their pet
- Are able to take initiative and anticipate the needs of the doctor
- Work well in a team as well as independently
Your daily duties will include:
- Assisting the Internist with appointments
- Venipuncture and processing lab work
- Anesthesia for procedures such as CT, Endoscopy, Bone Marrow Biopsies, etc. for Internal Medicine
- Anesthesia for advanced and emergency surgical procedures for Surgery
- Client communication and education
- Writing up ICU sheets and billing
As a specialty technician, you will work closely with the specialists, helping to manage their day of appointments and procedures as well as communicating with clients effectively and with compassion
- Medical insurance
- Uniform allowance
- 401K/profit sharing
- License and association dues
- Yearly CE allowance
- Paid holidays
- Paid personal leave
- Reduced cost veterinary services
Applicant must possess excellent technical skills and be willing to work as part of an incredible team of dedicated staff members. Only Licensed Veterinary Technicians will be considered. Please apply through this posting or e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.