Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services, and support to military forces, intelligence agencies, and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Job Location: Arlington, VA
The Paralegal provides critical organization support to the Leonardo DRS, Inc. Legal Department. This position is responsible for recommending, implementing and maintaining a sophisticated filing and document retention procedure. This position is also responsible for preparing for and drafting board minutes as well as other legal documents. Those interested in this position should enjoy creating organizational solutions and developing efficiencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continuous improvement and maintenance of advanced information management and file organization solutions. Maintain information/files to ensure all data is organized in both paper and electronic filing systems
- Assist attorneys in preparing for Board of Directors meetings, to include drafting board minutes, as well as posting and maintaining associated corporate records
- Process vendor invoices and departmental expenses through Thomson Legal Tracker billing system
- Support DRS attorneys through legal research, drafting, document maintenance, notary services, witnessing and note-taking
- Assist in management of external law firm relationships, including processing of engagement letters, billing inquiries, auditor response letters and maintenance of current contact information
- Work with third parties for filing and organization services, state registrations and other third party legal support
- Track the status of transactions, litigation or other matters handled by the legal department
- Prepare and process metrics and reports by assembling and consolidating information derived from a variety of sources, including reports from Legal Tracker
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in assisting DRS attorneys with matters of a privileged and confidential nature
- Work with moderate supervision on complex assignments and problems requiring action, creativity, and a high degree of initiative
- Contact or respond to contacts from high-ranking individuals inside or outside the corporation, using judgment and discretion
- Special projects and duties as assigned
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
Location/Region: Arlington, VA (22202)