- Responsible for providing strategic leadership to the Owensboro Health Foundation as a member of the Foundation management team. Provides professional, quality customer service to donors, members, volunteers, staff and other community contacts.
- Collaborates and develops with the VP of Community and Government Affairs annual goals and objectives for the major gift program.
- Manages qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of portfolio made up of prospects, foundations and organizations.
- Establishes relationships with Owensboro Health physician and clinician partners to help identify prospective donors by spending time in the hospital and logging face time with identified staff.
- Works with board members, physicians, campaign volunteers and Foundation staff to advance the major gifts program.
- Prepares written proposals to donors and prospects to motivate increased levels of giving.
- Designs, documents and implements a donor relations program by maintaining contact and communication with prospects, donors, board members, etc.
- Ensures appropriate acknowledgement of all major gift donors.
- Develops strategies for new donor acquisition and growth.
- Serves as primary contact for major and planned giving donors and assists in resolving problems, questions and concerns.
- Coordinates and monitors the Foundation's recognition process with Marketing and Community Affairs.
- Works with Foundation staff to create communications, programs, materials etc. for awards and recognitions.
- Prepares department reports and shares ongoing results as related to metrics for fiscal year.
- Collaborates with VP of Community and Governmental Affairs and the annual giving and special event staff on budget development.
- Responsible for overseeing revenue and expenses within area of responsibility and providing information on budget variances.
- Assists in development of Annual Report.
- Maintains all relevant data in Raiser's Edge database including donor meetings, correspondences, actions, etc.
- Works with VP of Community and Governmental Affairs and the annual giving and special events staff to ensure adherence to policies and procedures regarding gift acceptance, gift counting and gift processing.
- Attends and reports at Foundation Board and its committee meetings, hospital board meetings, and management meetings to educate leadership to advocate Owensboro Health Foundation to community.
- Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures. Executes all tasks and behaves in a manner consistent with a culture of compliance, safety and a high reliability organization; behavior supports the organization's core commitments of Integrity, Service, Respect, Teamwork, Excellence, and Innovation.
- Creates and maintains a work environment that is aligned with the organization’s goals and strategies, demonstrating a unified voice and consistent message from leadership; actively supports all organizational policies and procedures in communications and interactions
Location/Region: Owensboro, KY (42301)